Enjoy the Ride
After a wait of 4,752 days, it’s finally Playoff day again for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
13 seasons have past since the Bucs last Playoff appearance. The NFC’s longest Post Season drought is over. The only NFC team to not have a Playoff appearance during the previous decade is back.
Why you should Enjoy the Ride
A day which at times felt as if it would never come. This is an occasion for Bucs fans to cherish:-
- This is for the 8 losing seasons out of the previous 9 years.
- This is for being the NFC South bottom dwellers for five successive seasons between 2011 & 2015
- This is for the 0-8 start to the 2013 Season.
- This is for the 23 months without a home win over the course of the 2013, 2014 & 2015 Seasons.
- This is for the awful Bucs uniforms worn between 2014 & 2019.
- This is for the 2-14 2014 Season.
- This is for the 2014 Thursday Night Football in Atlanta when, in the 3rd quarter, the Falcons were up 56-0.
- This is for when Joe Flacco threw four touchdown passes in the first quarter in Raymond James Stadium in 2014 as the Ravens went in 38-0 up at the half.
- This is for the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 losses to the Jeff Fisher Coached Rams. Jeff Fisher!
- This is for when Mitch Trubisky threw for five touchdown passes in the first half against the Bucs in Soldier Field in 2018.
- This is for the 2017 Season when the Bucs had to play 16 games in a row due to the cancellation of their Week 1 game
- This is for the toughest ever three game start handed out by the NFL to the Bucs in the 2018 Season.
- This is for the run of six games out of seven away from Raymond James Stadium in the middle of the 2019 Season.
- This is for any other painful loss, humiliation, embarrassment which Bucs fans have had to endure since their last Playoff game.
So for Bucs fans everywhere, decorate yourself in Pewter and Red. Raise those Flags. Sit back and finally enjoy some meaningful January Buccaneer football. Cos you deserve it!
And In the words of Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr…………..Lets F*****g Go