Reading Time: 2 minutes.
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 212 lbs
- College: TCU
- Year: Junior
- Position: Wide Receiver
- Fantastic size. Extraordinary length
- Is extremely physical which causes mismatches on the outside
- X – Outside receiver
- He is able to beat press on his release on occasion, due to his physical profile and burst out of his stance
- That length gives him a huge catch radius
- It means he has an opportunity to come down with any ball.
- His long arms mean he can stretch over receivers and catches most things in his vicinity.
- He is a specialist in contested catch situations where a QB can pop the ball up to him and there is a good chance he will come down with it.
- But is more than that because he can create and manipulate.
- He has a strong change of direction
- For his size, he has good explosiveness and speed.
- He has really good speed and he has both the acceleration and pace to win in most scenarios.
- He knows his strengths and leverages them
- Route tree needs to become more diverse.
- Needs to become a more refined and defined as a route runner.
- He could use his speed more and utilise his athletic ability to have sharper cuts and turns
- While an create after the catch but mainly because of his size, not his elusiveness
- Can get caught when pressed and DBs get hands on him off the line.
- His natural size can also work against him where he isn’t as nimble as some receivers. His routes are not sudden or abrupt and can be predictable
Quentin Johnston is a rangy, long receiver who displays a great athletic ability for his size and a physical profile to fight with defenders. His size gives him an elite catch radius and he can also create after the catch. While Johnston could be a cleaner route runner and he isn’t the most elusive, he offers a dynamic outside weapon that you can trust to grab the ball. Johnston is a player who would work best in a room of receivers where there are different types and you can let him be the true X receiver he is.
Free Agency Highlights & Your Draft Questions Answered – Ninety-Nine Yards
- Free Agency Highlights & Your Draft Questions Answered
- Top 5 Edge Rusher Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Defensive Tackles Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Running Back Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Wide Receiver Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- NFL Combine Review 2023 | DRAFT TALK | NFL Draft 2023
- NFL Draft Pivotal Picks | DRAFT TALK
- NFL Combine Preview 2023 | NFL Draft | DRAFT TALK
- Kendre Miller, RB, TCU – 2023 NFL Draft Interview
- Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton – 2023 NFL Draft Interview