- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 220 Lbs
- College: UCLA
- Year: Senior
- Position: Running Back
- A bigger/taller back
- Good size for the position
- A hard, decisive runner
- Plays with aggression and violence
- Excellent play strength
- Runs angry and with purpose
- Can pound it through the middle and has great vision to find gaps. Best running between the tackles.
- Great instincts that will translate well.
- His running style is powerful and forceful
- Extremely productive
- Forces missed tackles
- Is extremely balanced and breaks tackles
- Extremely active footwork
- Good hands as a receiver. A really nice check-down option in the flat.
- Can hold up in pass protection because of his size and build and can improve in that area
- Lacks top-end speed
- Doesn’t have the change of direction that some in this class do
- Lacks the threat of the homerun, as he is more of a punch you in the mouth runner
- Has a low ceiling, as his athletic ability doesn’t give him the upside of others in this class.
Zach Charbonnet is a big running back who plays smash-mouth football. He has a rampaging running style with makes him run with purpose and power. He is persistent in his approach and his play strength and balance mean he can break tackles with force. Charbonnet may not have the upside as other running backs in the 2023 class due to his lack of speed and overall athleticism but his style is easy to translate into production on an NFL field.
Who is the new big name Quarterback? – Ninety-Nine Yards
- Who is the new big name Quarterback?
- 4 Fixtures to Define the Season
- So Long Ninetynine Yards (website!)
- Draft Talk – 2024 NFL Draft Prospects Watchlist
- NFL Rookies To Watch in 2023 – Draft Talk
- Welcome to the 2023 Season
- 2023 Final NFL Mock Draft Live – Texans Pass On QB! | NFL Draft 2023
- Top 5 Quarterback Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Tight Ends Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Safety Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk