Reading Time: 2 minutes.
- Height: 6’6”
- Weight 272 lbs
- College: Ohio St
- Year: Senior
- Position: Defensive End
- Pure, unique, elite athlete
- Combines size, strength and speed
- His athletic profile is off the charts and will test well
- Hits the measurables
- Insane wingspan! Excellent arm length and uses it well
- Has the ability to bat the ball down at the line of scrimmage he is that long
- He is a versatile defensive end who can also line up over the middle
- He has more bend and flexibility than expected or given credit for
- Can dip his shoulder and turn the corner quickly and sharply.
- That bend is sufficient to create better rushing angles which he leverage with his control
- He sets the edge well and is able to contain in the run game.
- Shows lots of physicality and toughness
- Keeps developing every year
- Length means he is a strong tackler and is consistent with his technique.
- High, consistent motor player
- Still raw
- He still plays inexperienced despite his playing time. Hasn’t seemed to have fulfilled his potential at Ohio St.
- Needs to develop more of a pass-rush plan
- Hand placement and technique can sloppy. This needs to become more consistent and compatible as he transitions
- Needs to play with better awareness and recognition
- Likely to be exclusively on the ball at the next level
- He doesn’t have the frame to be a coverage guy
- Could benefit from lowering his pad level. is naturally high hipped so it can be difficult for him to get underneath linemen and push them back
- Has a tendency to overshoot his pass rush. needs to set the edge better so the QB can’t escape in the gap he has just opened up
Zach Harrison was recruited by Ohio State with bags of potential. A 5-star recruit, Harrison has never hit the expectation level in college and that will fear some NFL teams. But, Harrison offers a high ceiling and plenty of room for development. His combination of strength and speed along with his size makes him a compelling project. Harrison has had flashes and if he can make those flashes more consistent he could be a value pick on day 2.
Free Agency Highlights & Your Draft Questions Answered – Ninety-Nine Yards
- Free Agency Highlights & Your Draft Questions Answered
- Top 5 Edge Rusher Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Defensive Tackles Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Running Back Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- Top 5 Wide Receiver Preview – 2023 NFL Draft | Draft Talk
- NFL Combine Review 2023 | DRAFT TALK | NFL Draft 2023
- NFL Draft Pivotal Picks | DRAFT TALK
- NFL Combine Preview 2023 | NFL Draft | DRAFT TALK
- Kendre Miller, RB, TCU – 2023 NFL Draft Interview
- Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton – 2023 NFL Draft Interview
Image Credit: 247Sports